If you want the best gaming experience, 60Hz gaming monitors are a thing of the past. While the 60Hz monitors are suited for gaming, they won’t be the best choice if you want fast, robust, and high FPS gaming. A high FPS is essential for gaming because it gives you great graphics in your Fps games. A low FPS can result in choppy graphics and lag in your games.
If you want great gaming, you need a good gaming monitor to get high fps in games. If you’re searching for a monitor 120 fps, we’re here to help. We have a comprehensive article covering the best 120FPS monitors for your gaming right here.
Why Is There a Need to Get a 120 FPS Monitor?
A good gaming experience greatly depends on the FPS of your monitor. A 120 FPS or higher like 240 fps monitor gives smooth gaming visuals without much stuttering, blur, or ghosting. Other than offering smooth gaming visuals, a high FPS monitor also gives a low latency. With a lower latency in your game with the best 120hz monitor, you can experience competitive gaming without screen tearing.
Many gamers also have complained about motion sickness and motion blur when they play fast-paced games. With a 120FPS monitor, you get an Fps boost that resolves the FPS issues by handling the number of frames rates that are delivered by your graphics card.
Another thing that a 120Hz, FPS monitor offers is a smooth response without any lags. So why you need an 8k 120 fps monitor is answered by the fact that it gives smoother, faster, and lag-free gaming that can give you an edge over your competitors as you’re able to see everything faster and clearer. So, if you’re a hardcore gamer, a 120 FPS monitor is a must for enjoying the best gaming experience.
Best 120Hz Monitor
Finding the best gaming monitor with a suitable Fps and Hz is no easy job. Because we know the difficulty of getting the right one, we have compiled a list of the best 120FPS monitors that you can select from. We have reviewed them for you to ease your task of searching for the best one. Let’s have a look.
1. ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43 Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor
|Display resolution maximum||3840 x 1200 pixels|
|Item dimensions||41 x 15.65 x 12.17 inches|
ASUS ROG Strix ultra-Wide HDR gaming monitor is amongst the best gaming 120FPS monitors that you can find in the market. It supports a 43-inch ultra-wide screen with a 120Hz refresh rate for smooth visuals for gaming. The HDR technology supports a 90% professional color gamut that gives the best color performance and contrast. With the 2 HDR Radeon FreeSync and response time of 1ms, the ASUS HDR gaming monitor offers low latency, smooth gaming, and perfect contrast and brightness for gaming. Users are free to adjust settings based on their gaming or content creation with this monitor’s multiple HDR modes.
Another interesting feature supported by this monitor is the Shadow Boost that improves the image details in dark parts and brightens areas to enhance the overall vision during your games. This monitor also supports the option of showing the FPS counter, an on-screen timer, cross-hair overlay, and display alignment for the ideal gaming experience.
- Ultra-wide HDR 43-inch monitor
- A refresh rate of 120Hz
- DCI-P3 90% professional color gamut
- A response time of 1ms
- 2 HDR Radeon FreeSync supported
- Multiple HDR modes supported
- Shadow Boost technology
- Game plus technology includes display alignment, FPS counter, timer, and crosshair.
- HDR technology gives the best color contrast and performance.
- Offers low latency, smooth visuals, and better contrast and brightness.
- Several HDR modes allow adjustment as per usage.
- Shadow Boost technology enhances visuals.
- Only 1 USB port and located at the bottom
2. SAMSUNG LC49RG90SSNXZA 49-Inch CRG9 Curved Gaming Monitor
|Screen size||49 inches|
|Screen surface||Curved, 1800R|
|Display resolution maximum||5120 x 1440|
|Input connections||1 HDMI, 2DP, 4 USB ports|
THE Samsung CR9 Curved gaming monitor comes with a 49 inch ultra-wide, curved screen that enhances your games’ performance. This is one of the best 120 fps monitor for ps5. It is equipped with an AMD FreeSync 2 technology; it offers crisp and sharp HDR content with low latency and compensation for low framerates. The HDR 1000 supports a peak rating of 1000 nits that offers the best brightness rates, thereby delivering brighter and truer colors. The ultra-wide 49-inch screen supports split-screen options like PBP, allowing you to use two devices together while maintaining the originality of both.
With the eye-saver mode and the Flicker-free feature, you can play intense games without straining the eyes for long periods. The Samsung curved gaming monitor supports multiple devices like desktop, PC, laptop, computer, Xbox, Macbook Pro, and PS4. This monitor is optimized for any genre of games like RTS, FPS, RPG, and others.
- 49-inch ultra-wide, curved screen
- 120-hertz refresh rate
- AMD FreeSynx 2 technology
- HDR 1000 supporting 1,000 nits brightness rate
- Split-screen functions
- Eye saver, Flicker-free mode
- Multiple device compatibility
- Optimized for all gaming genres
- Adjustments for comfort
- An ultra-wide 49-inch, curved screen offers increased productivity.
- A high refresh rate of 120Hz for smoother visuals.
- QLED technology and HDR 1000 delivers smoother, truer colors.
- Supports a split-screen function that allows the connection of two devices together.
- Reduced eye strain with eye saver mode.
- Connects with multiple devices.
- Optimized for intense gaming.
- Only one HDMI input
3. Alienware 120Hz UltraWide Gaming Monitor 34 Inch Curved Monitor
|Screen size||34 inches|
|Screen surface||Anti-glare, Hand coating (3H)|
|Display resolution maximum||LED-backlit LCD monitor|
|Input connections||22 x 32 x 10.8 inches|
Alienware 120Hz curved monitor is one of the best cheap 120 Hz monitors options available for you. It offers a breathtaking experience with immersive features like a 1900R curved screen, with a 21:9 display that maximizes the field view and offers great, immersive visuals. The WQHD resolution gives sharp and detailed images with a 120Hz refresh rate, buttery-smooth gaming visuals, and realism. The GPU monitor displays full frames with the G-Sync technology, reducing graphical distortions in your games like screen tearing. The 120Hz refresh rate gives faster and quick events.
The screen supports a 3H hardness and antiglare technology, reducing your eyes’ strain. Exceeding the sRGB color spectrum, this monitor offers amazing color coverage and excellent visuals for an immersive gaming experience. The 9*% DCI-P3 color coverage gives great color depth and accuracy. Supporting LED technology, Alienware curved monitor supports a full RGB valve with 4 customizable zones.
- 1900R curved, 21:9 display
- WQHD 3440 x 1440 resolution
- 120Hz refresh rate supporting NVIDIA G-Sync
- G-Sync technology synchronizes with monitor and GPU
- IPS nano-color technology supported
- Offers 98% DCI-P3 color coverage
- Customizable lighting with full RGB valve and 4 customizable zones
- Immersive features that give a breathtaking experience.
- Wide 34-inches screen, 1900R maximizes field view and gives a wide-screen view.
- WQHD resolution offers detail and sharp images
- 120Hz refresh rate offer smoothers visuals and realism
- G-Sync technology offers full frames, minimizing graphic distortions
- Anti-glare screen coating protects against eye strain
- No HDR supported
4. VIOTEK GNV29CB Ultrawide Curved 29-Inch Gaming Monitor
|Screen size||29 inches|
|Display resolution maximum||2560×1080|
Viotek ultra-wide curved 29-inch gaming monitor is equipped with a full-HD monitor that gives excellent, detailed colors and a 107% sRGB color gamut. This offers high and superior color accuracy. The ultra-wide screen offers great productivity in gaming. The 120Hz refresh rates mean you get smoother gaming visuals with lower frame rate drops. This also helps to reduce eye strain and makes gaming easier on the eyes. It also supports dual-input with PBP/PIP options. Compact in design, this monitor is suitable for all users, including gamers, content creators, and entrepreneurs.
Viotek’s curved monitor supports optimized colors with sure-shot targeting, giving players the chance to play better and harder. For a better gaming experience, it supports RTS/FPS optimization and GAME PLUS crosshairs. This monitor also supports a 3-year warranty.
- Ultra-wide 29-inch, 21:9 monitor
- Full-HD monitor resolution 2560x1080p
- 107% sRGB color gamut
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Integrated with Dual-input PBP/PIP productivity tools
- Supports AMD FreeSync, RTS/FPS optimization
- 3-year limited warranty
- 107% sRGB color gamut gives great color accuracy.
- 120Hz refresh rate gives smoother visuals and lower frame drops.
- Reduced eye strain with high frame rates.
- Compact monitor suitable for all users.
- No in-built speakers
5. Dell 144Hz Gaming Monitor FHD 24 Inch Monitor
|Screen size||24 inches|
|Item Dimensions||17.78 x 21.17 x 7.46 inches|
|HD resolution||1920 x 1080|
Dell 144Hz gaming FHD monitor is equipped with a 24” screen with 1920×1080 resolution that gives you the best gaming visuals. Enjoy stutter-free and seamless gaming with AMD FreeSync technology. This feature allows gamers to enjoy stutter-free gaming without screen tears. This monitor’s A 3-side narrowed bezel gives you expansive views with unique vents that keep it cool in intense gaming sessions.
Dell 144Hz gaming monitor also supports a height-adjustable stand that can be adjusted to bend as you like. It supports tilt and swivel functions, letting you enjoy comfortable gaming for extended periods. With a 144Hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, this monitor delivers an uninterrupted, smooth gaming experience. It also comes with a 3-year advanced exchange service.
- 24” with 23.8” viewable screen
- 1920 x 1080 HD resolution
- AMD FreeSync enabled
- A 3-side narrow bezel
- Height-adjustable; tilt and swivel
- 1ms responsive times with 144Hz refresh rate
- FPS counter, timer, and dark stabilizer supported
- AMD FreeSync technology gives seamless gaming without screen tears.
- A 3-sided narrow bezel gives expansive views.
- Uniquely located vents keep the monitor cool in intense gaming sessions.
- Adjust the height to your will for comfort in gaming.
- Supports FPS counter, timer, and dark stabilizer for best gaming results.
- Configuration is needed for setup
6. Sceptre E255B-1658A 25″ 165Hz 144Hz 1ms AMD FreeSync gaming LED Monitor
|Screen size||24.5 inches|
|Display Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Item Dimensions||21.96 x 7.35 x 15.95 inches|
Sceptre AMD FreeSync gaming LED monitor goes beyond the regular 120Hz refresh rates and heads to the highest Hz of 165. It offers a visible edge in gaming as the frame rates instantly transition, leaving no blur. With a 1ms response time, you can enjoy games in fast action with accurate LED and pixel response. With the AMD FreeSync, you get seamless, smooth gaming visuals regardless of your games’ speed. The Anti-flicker technology gives crispier images that prevent backlight from periodically flickering. It supports the DisplayPort, a widely used display connection that delivers audio and video easily. The VESA wall-mount support makes this monitor ready to be mounted on the wall. A unique feature of this monitor is that it comes with built-in speakers to give gamers a real-life gaming experience.
- Rapid 144 and 165Hz refresh rate.
- Anti-flicker technology.
- 99% sRGB color gamut.
- 1ms response time.
- AMD FreeSync supported.
- Supports a Displayport.
- Built-in speakers supported.
- 24.5 inches screen size.
- Beyond 144Hz, 165Hz offers the best gaming visuals, eliminating blurs.
- 1ms response time offering fast actions.
- AMD FreeSync offers seamless and smooth gaming visuals.
- Anti-flicker technology gives crisper images.
- The DisplayPort is a versatile choice offered by this monitor for easy audio and video connection.
- 99% sRGB lighting color gamut gives detailed and deeper colors.
- Viewing angles aren’t suitable.
7. AOC AGON Curved Gaming Monitor
|Screen size||49 inches|
|Response time||1ms (MPRT)|
AOC AGON curved gaming monitor supports a 49-inch super-wide screen with a professional-grade curve design that offers crisp and sharp images. The dual QHD 5210 x 1440 resolution offers you HD graphics for the best gaming experience. The 1800R curvature gives immersive gaming with a low 1ms response time and 120Hz refresh rate. Moreover, the Adaptive sync support gives a smoother experience for gaming. Enjoy stunning images with this monitor’s DisplayHDR 400 certified performance that gives 121.6% color gamut graphics.
It supports a USB-C input for mobile device connection and charging. This monitor also supports multiple device inputs along with PBP support allowing easy switching between USB peripherals. The height-adjustable stand gives great ergonomics for comfortable, long, and intense gaming sessions.
- 49-inch AGON professional curve monitor.
- Supports dual QHD 5210 x 1440 resolution.
- 1800R curved VA panel.
- 1ms MPRT response time.
- Adaptive-Sync supported.
- DispayHDR 400.
- 121.6% sRGB and 90% Adobe color gamut.
- USB-C port for mobile devices.
- Height-adjustable stand supported.
- 49” curved screen with dual QHD resolution gives great, crisp images.
- 1800R curved VA panel offers immersive gaming.
- Low 1ms response time and 120Hz refresh rate give smooth visuals.
- Adaptive Sync is supported for smoother gaming.
- Stunning image quality with DisplayHDR 500 and 121.6% sRGB color gamut.
- Mobile-ready with USB-C port.
- Adjust height for better ergonomics and comfortable gaming.
- Customer service is not active.
Things to Consider when Buying a 120 FPS Monitor
When you’re buying a 4k 120 fps monitor, here are a few things you need to consider. Make sure to have a look before you get yourself one.
1. Gaming Specifications
If you’re searching for a monitor for intense gaming sessions, you will need to consider the product’s specifications. Try to invest in a gaming FPS monitor with 120Hz refresh rates, quick 1 or 2ms response times, and one that offers complete compatibility with AMD Radeon FreeSync or Nvidia G-sync. Look out for ones with good contrast ratios, higher resolutions, and good aspect ratios.
2. The Ports
When buying a 120Hz gaming monitor, the connectivity options and ports are one thing to look for. Choose a monitor that offers, at the least, a DisplayPort and an HDMI port to get the best out of your graphics card and PC. USB 3.0 and USB ports will also come in handy for connecting charging gadgets and gaming accessories so you might want that too. Most monitors will also support the audio in and out connections and headphone jacks.
3. Mountability and Stands
The monitor you want to get should support a stand that appeals to the eye with options for adjustability like height, tilt, pivot, and swivel. You may also want to look for a built-in VESA mount that monitors usually support to hang it on the wall as needed. Finally, some monitors also have built-in systems for cable management that are very useful for minimizing clutter in a gaming room.
4. The Price
It all comes down to the price. Search well to find a gaming 120 FPS monitor that supports all the specs and features you need and is available at the most reasonable price. Check the market thoroughly and compare the prices to find the best one.
If you want to enjoy better fps in games, you need to invest in the right 120Hz monitor. Above, we have reviewed some of the top choices for 120Hz monitors that you will find in the market. Other than this, we have also covered a few things you should consider when buying a 120FPS monitor. Assuming you are a hardcore gamer, having a good 120FPS monitor is a must if you wish to enjoy your games with the best visuals and without any lag. So, to enjoy the best gaming experience, a 120FPS monitor is a necessity.
1. Is a 120Hz monitor good for gaming?
Yes. a 120Hz refresh rate monitor is a good choice for gaming because it gives your smooth and lag-free visuals. Moreover, at this refresh rate, you will be safe from any stuttering, ghosting, or blurry images when you’re playing your favourite games. Smoother visuals also give you the chance to avoid missing out on any essential details in these games.
2. Who are the best 120Hz gaming monitor manufacturers?
If you look at the competitive market today, there are multiple options for 120FPS monitors. In the long list of options, you have a few manufacturers listed among the best options for a gaming monitor. These manufacturers include ASUS, Razer Raptor, Samsung, Viotek, Sceptre, Dell, Alienware, and others.
3. Is 120 FPS good for the eyes?
A high FPS like 120 offers good, smooth-looking graphics without any blurs, stutters, or screen tears, therefore causing less strain on the eyes. Because the visuals are smoother, it’s easier for your eyes to focus without being strained. In an ideal situation, a 120FPS monitor can be great for the eyes, unless you opt for very heavy gaming.
4. What monitor do you need for 120fps?
If you’re planning on using 120FPS on your monitor in gaming, you’d need to get a monitor that supports 4K with a 120Hz refresh rate. So, you need a 120Hz monitor to run your games at 120FPS. This will also improve the visuals and reduce screen tearing.
5. Can you run 120 fps on a 144Hz monitor?
Yes, you surely can do that. A refresh rate of 144Hz means the maximum displayable FPS that your monitor supports, in this case, 144FPS. So, while you won’t the best 144FPS, 120FPS isn’t too bad.
Leave a Reply